All GP’s, practice nurses and health care assistants see their patients by appointment only. To make an appointment, please telephone our receptionists on (023) 8055 8659. Alternatively, you can request an appointment at the reception desk. You can also 'register' to book your routine appointments on-line in advance with any of the regular GP's. Please click on the above tab 'On-line appointment booking' for more details on how to register and how to access on-line appointment bookings.
Should you need to cancel your appointment, please give us as much notice as you can so that your appointment can be offered to someone else. Please ring the appointments telephone number or you can do this on-line (go back to the home page for this).
Our practice nurse may also be able to help you with your problem. She runs her own minor illness clinics where she can treat minor illnesses such as sore throats, ear and eye problems, contraception checks and queries and numerous other ailments. Please ask at the reception desk as our practice nurse may be able to save you a long wait with the GP!
Urgent cases are seen on the day.
- If your condition is non-urgent, you can expect to see a GP within two working days, though you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP or require an appointment at a particular time.
- Nurses based in our practice treat patients for a wide range of common conditions. You can expect to see a nurse within one working day.
- Tell us if you are in a telephone box. We will ring you back. Say immediately if your call is an emergency.
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. There is only time to deal with one patient in each appointment slot.
- Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters. Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
- You can book to have a telephone consultation with a doctor. He or she will ring you on the telephone number you have given. If you are only available on a mobile phone, you will be expected to ring the practice at an agreed time.
- You can also speak to the nurses over the telephone. Please contact the surgery to request a telephone consultation with the nurse.
You can help us by
- Being on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you need to cancel
- Calling for a home visit or urgent appointment before 10am
- Ringing for the results of tests after 11.30am